Download the Full 2016 Bergamo Conference Program here:
2016 Full Bergamo Program
And access the online schedule here:
We will not be providing printed programs at this year’s conference. Please arrange to bring a device with digital access to both the conference program and the schedule, or print out your own program and schedule prior to attending the conference.
See you soon at Bergamo!
The Bergamo Leadership Team
This award will be presented to one graduate student in recognition of an outstanding paper presented at the 2016 Annual Bergamo Conference on Curriculum Theory and Classroom Practice. This award recognizes the innovative scholarship of one student whose work expands on this year’s conference theme of Curriculum Theory as It Stands by situating the present moment in curriculum studies within the context of the broader field of education—and beyond. The award encourages the participation of emerging scholars in promoting new ideas and welcomes all viewpoints in forming more transformative and reflective curriculum, theory, and practice.
Procedure: Interested graduate students should have already submitted a proposal to the conference. Proposals must be accepted for presentation at the October 2016 Bergamo Conference on Curriculum Theory and Classroom Practice. The completed paper must be submitted by 5 p.m. EST on Monday, October 10th via email to Isabel Nuñez at: email@example.com.
Submissions must be single-authored by the graduate student and may not exceed more than 20 pages (excluding references, tables, appendices). Names and university affiliation should appear only on a separate cover sheet for blind review. Papers must be in APA style. If no paper is identified that meets the criteria of the award, no awards will be given for this year.
Award: Publication in a future issue of the Journal of Curriculum Theorizing and recognition at the conference. Details regarding the specific issue of publication will be determined by the author of the winning paper and the editors of the Journal of Curriculum Theorizing.
We are very excited for this year’s program and look forward to seeing all of you soon. Here is some information we would like to share as we approach the conference dates.
- The schedule for the 2016 Bergamo Conference has been released. You can access the schedule at https://convention2.allacademic.com/one/fct/fct16/. To access your own personalized schedule, please log into the system. If you do not have a log in, please create a user account.
- If you have not done so yet, please register for the conference ASAP – acceptance to the conference does not mean you are registered. Online registration closes on October 1st, any registration after this date can only be achieved through on-site registration at a full conference rate. Please visit this website to register: http://www.cvent.com/d/jfqyqj/4W
- We are at full capacity for rooms at Bergamo. If you have not registered, you will need to find alternative lodging. There are several hotels in the area. For more information on the location of the Bergamo Center, please visit bergamocenter.org.
- There are no restaurants within walking distance and meal tickets MAY NOT be purchased on-site, so plan accordingly. Meal reservations are due by 10/1. To purchase meals, please visit: http://www.cvent.com/d/jfqyqj/4W
- Additionally, technology is limited at the Bergamo Center. Please prepare to bring handouts/ projectors if visual aid is necessary for you. We will not be providing printed programs at this year’s conference. Please arrange to bring a device with digital access to both the conference program and the schedule, or print out your own program and schedule prior to attending the conference. The current online schedule is downloadable. We will also send a PDF of the full program (with more detailed information) to everyone in the following weeks.
Looking forward to seeing you in October,
The Bergamo Leadership Team